Middlewich Town Council, is looking for full time Town Clerk to work an average of 37 hours per week, including evening meetings as required and some weekend work during events.
The successful candidate will be based at the Town Council Offices and carry out the tasks detailed in the Job Description. Preferably, s/he will have previous experience in a local government or a similar role and hold the CiLCA qualification.
The role will attract a salary based on NALC salary scales grade LC3 substantive or LC3 above substantive dependent upon qualifications and experience. This equates to SCP 37-45 and a salary range of £39,782 to £47,896.
To make an appointment for an informal chat about this vacancy, telephone 01606 833434 during normal office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application pack containing the Job Description and Person Specification is available here – Application Pack.
Interviews will be held on 26th March 2020.
- The running of the Town Hall Office and Function Suite.
- Developing the Middlewich Neighbourhood Plan, a community-driven initiative that sets out the future direction for the town, allowing residents to have a direct say in the planning of housing, employment and the environment.
- The running of Southway public conveniences.
- The provision of Christmas lights.
- The organisation of Middlewich events, including the FAB Festival, the Classic Car and Bike Show, the British Town Crier Championships, the Taste & Tipple Weekend, the Christmas Fayre and the Tree of Light Service.
- Providing support to Middlewich Heritage.
- Providing support to the monthly Makers Market.
- Providing regular and one-off grants to local organisations within the voluntary and community sector, through our Grant Scheme.
- The maintenance of local streets and care for the environment, in conjunction with Cheshire East Council.
- The part-funding of our Middlewich Police Community Support Officer (PCSO).
- Social care and health.
- Waste and recycling.
- Children, schools and families.
- Council tax, business rates and housing benefits.
- Environmental health and licensing.
- Leisure, culture and tourism.
- Maintenance of Highways.
General enquiries can be made to the Cheshire East Information Line on 0300 123 5500; a full list of contact numbers can be accessed here.