Cheshire East Borough Council Notice of Election
Election of Town Councillor
Middlewich Town Council – Cledford Ward
For further information please click here
- The running of the Town Hall Office and Function Suite.
- Developing the Middlewich Neighbourhood Plan, a community-driven initiative that sets out the future direction for the town, allowing residents to have a direct say in the planning of housing, employment and the environment.
- The running of Southway public conveniences.
- The provision of Christmas lights.
- The organisation of Middlewich events, including the FAB Festival, the Classic Car and Bike Show, the British Town Crier Championships, the Taste & Tipple Weekend, the Christmas Fayre and the Tree of Light Service.
- Providing support to Middlewich Heritage.
- Providing support to the monthly Makers Market.
- Providing regular and one-off grants to local organisations within the voluntary and community sector, through our Grant Scheme.
- The maintenance of local streets and care for the environment, in conjunction with Cheshire East Council.
- The part-funding of our Middlewich Police Community Support Officer (PCSO).
- Social care and health.
- Waste and recycling.
- Children, schools and families.
- Council tax, business rates and housing benefits.
- Environmental health and licensing.
- Leisure, culture and tourism.
- Maintenance of Highways.
General enquiries can be made to the Cheshire East Information Line on 0300 123 5500; a full list of contact numbers can be accessed here.