Covid 19 Current advice
The government advice on Covid 19 and the steps that you should take to keep yourself, your family and the Middlewich Community safe is changing frequently. Please visit the sites below for the up to date advice;
NHS Website and symptom checker
NHS Covid 19 Guidelines translated into 20 languages
Cheshire East Council Covid 19 information www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_information/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx
What help can the Town Council provide?
We are working alongside the Middlewich Covid 19 Neighbour Support volunteer group which was set up by two residents Heidi Cox and Phil Rigden. The group has split Middlewich into 19 zones and has over 200 volunteers that are giving up their time to help those who are vulnerable or self isolating with essential support. This might include:
- Collecting shopping
- Collecting medication
- Providing regular telephone calls to reduce loneliness
You may have received one of the cards below through your door, this will contain the details of your local helper – a volunteer that lives near you who is happy to help. You can phone the Town Council on 01606 833434 to check that the volunteer is an officially recognised volunteer before you contact them.
If you need additional assistance or signposting as to where to find the advice you seek, the Town Council staff are available by telephone 01606 833434 or email: email@example.com. The Town Council offices are currently closed to the public in accordance with government advice, but staff are still available and all emails and telephone calls will be responded to. We will try our best to respond to your inquiry within 24 hours, but please do understand that we are receiving a large volume of calls due to the pandemic.
All volunteers have been issued with advice on do’s and don’t’s to ensure they don’t put themselves, the vulnerable or self isolating people at risk. A copy of that guidance is available below.
The Government have also published some advice on staying safe as a Volunteer, which can be viewed on the link below
We understand that there are a large number of people that may be struggling financially at the moment due to the crisis and may have lost their jobs or be unable to open their businesses. Whilst our volunteers will do all they can to help, please do not ask them to provide financial help to you or buy some food for you.
If you are in this situation please contact one of the following organisations for help:
- Universal credit – on 0800 328 5644 or online via https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/contact-universal-credit
- Jobcentre Plus – 0800 055 688 or online via https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/contact-universal-credit
- Cec Housing benefits on 0300 123 5500 ask for housing benefit or online via https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/benefits_housing_council_tax/understanding-benefit-claims/claim-housing-benefit-council-tax-support-or-2nd-adult-rebate.aspx
- CEC People Helping People on 0300 123 5034 or can register online at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/peoplehelpingpeople
- Middlewich & District Food Bank on 07712 279949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme-cbils/
- Covid Corporate Financing Facility www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2020/march/the-covid-corporate-financing-facility
- HMRC Time to Pay Service https://www.gov.uk/difficulties-paying-hmrc
- Self Employed Income Support Scheme – www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme