Tel: 01606 833434 /836375|

Covid 19 Current advice

The government advice on Covid 19 and the steps that you should take to keep yourself, your family and the Middlewich Community safe is changing frequently. Please visit the sites below for the up to date advice;

Government Website 

NHS Website and symptom checker

NHS Covid 19 Guidelines translated into 20 languages

Cheshire East Council Covid 19 information

What help can the Town Council provide?

We are working alongside the Middlewich Covid 19 Neighbour Support volunteer group which was set up by two residents Heidi Cox and Phil Rigden. The group has split Middlewich into 19 zones and has over 200 volunteers that are giving up their time to help those who are vulnerable or self isolating with essential support. This might include:

  • Collecting shopping
  • Collecting medication
  • Providing regular telephone calls to reduce loneliness

You may have received one of the cards below through your door, this will contain the details of your local helper  – a volunteer that lives near you who is happy to help. You can phone the Town Council on 01606 833434 to check that the volunteer is an officially recognised volunteer before you contact them.


If you need additional assistance or signposting as to where to find the advice you seek, the Town Council staff are available by telephone 01606 833434 or email: The Town Council offices are currently closed to the public in accordance with government advice, but staff are still available and all emails and telephone calls will be responded to. We will try our best to respond to your inquiry within 24 hours, but please do understand that we are receiving a large volume of calls due to the pandemic.

All volunteers have been issued with advice on do’s and don’t’s to ensure they don’t put themselves, the vulnerable or self isolating people at risk. A copy of that guidance is available below.

The Government have also published some advice on staying safe as a Volunteer, which can be viewed on the link below–2/coronavirus-how-to-help-safely


Financial Assistance

We understand that there are a large number of people that may be struggling financially at the moment due to the crisis and may have lost their jobs or be unable to open their businesses. Whilst our volunteers will do all they can to help, please do not ask them to provide financial help to you or buy some food for you.

If you are in this situation please contact one of the following organisations for help:


Mental Health Support

We know that many people struggle with mental Heath; Stress, Anxiety and Depression.

Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP), has launched a new mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire West, Cheshire East and Wirral.

Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it is open to people of all ages including children and young people who need urgent mental health support, being available to support local people during the Covid-19 pandemic.

What to do if you need urgent mental health help:

Please 📞 0300 303 3972

our dedicated local NHS staff will support you to access the help you need;

The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages – including children and young people;

The helpline is now the first port of call for mental health help – it is operated by people in your local area who will know how best to support you.

If you call NHS111 you may have to wait longer for help and will be re-directed to this local service – so call 0300 303 3972;

Please note, 🏥A&E and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems.

You should still call 999 or go to A&E if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance;

For non-urgent help and general wellbeing advice, the CWP website contains information and links to resources to support people with anxiety, low mood, and worries relating to the current Covid-19 pandemic

For children and young people there is also a dedicated website

Staying safe at Home

Are you worried about staying at home with your partner or a family member? Do you feel unsafe in your home because of someone’s behaviour? Help is available. The Government has said that victims of domestic abuse can still leave their homes for their own safety, and that the refuges will remain open.

Local help is available.

New Support for the COVID-19 Crisis

The charity Refuge has created some safety advice for people staying at home due to COVID-19 who may have an abusive relative which you can find on the Refuge website.

Women’s Aid have also produced a web page on the impact of COVID-19 on women and children experiencing domestic abuse .

The White Ribbon group has worked with men and boy’s groups to produce a Survival Kit for Men Under Pressure.

Important advice

If you’re worried about someone knowing you have visited this web page please read how to take steps to increase your safety when using the internet and email.

Are you living in fear of your partner or family member?

Have they:

  • Called you names and made you feel bad about yourself
  • Made you afraid by threatening you or your children
  • Behaved violently towards you
  • Stopped you seeing your friends or family
  • Kept you without money
  • Do you feel you could be seriously harmed


  • You are not to blame
  • You are not alone
  • You can get help
  • You are already a survivor
  • You can get your life back
  • You cannot change the person who is hurting you but you can take steps to make you and your children safer.

Are you concerned about your behaviour?

There is also help for you if you want to change the way you behave in your family and relationships. The good news is that people who abuse can change but almost always need some help to achieve it, especially where abuse has been a pattern of behaviour for some time.

See the Cheshire East Help to Change page for more information and contact details for support.

Are you concerned about someone else’s safety?

You can get advice about how best to support the person you care about too. You can speak to someone by phoning the Hub or you can get tips and advice from Open the Door.

Cheshire East Domestic Abuse Hub 24/7

Cheshire East Domestic Abuse Hub (CEDAH) is a single point of contact, information, consultation, referral, triage and case allocation for families affected by domestic abuse and those who support them – formally or informally.

High risk cases go straight to the Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy team. Hub staff call all other people referred in to identify what package of support is best for the whole family.

This support is provided by myCWA working in partnership with others.

Useful Contacts:

Cheshire East Domestic Abuse Hub 

Adult Safeguarding – out of hours

Call 0300 123 5010 or 0300 123 5022

Children’s Safeguarding – out of hours

Call 0300 123 5012 or 0300 123 5022

Housing options / homelessness team – out of hours

Call 0300 123 5017 or 0300 123 5025

Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre

Call 01260 697900

Men’s Advice Line

For male victims, call 0808 801 0327 or visit

Galop – for members of the LGBT+ community

Galop runs a specialist helpline – call 0800 999 5428 or email

More information is available on the Cheshire East Website

Always phone 999 if in immediate danger

If you are in immediate danger and afraid of speaking on the phone, call 999 then press 55. This will transfer your call to the appropriate police force who will help you without you needing to speak.